Diablo 3 launcher stuck at updating
Of course, do not remove security software if you can't reinstall it, and always restore disabled security after testing. Heavy Soldier, It sounds like something is preventing the launcher from installing the game files. Disabling or temporarily uninstalling firewall and anti-virus programs (Norton, Mc Afee, etc) can permit the launcher to run successfully.
Then the download is stuck at 0B/s and now when I'm trying to reinstall Battlenet it gets stuck in the installer. Make sure to disable proxy settings from the control panel: If you're using a VPN service like Hamachi, try disabling or uninstalling it.Usually this has something to do with Thank you for your interest in this question.Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).I'm aware that closing the downloader and then reloading it to resume where it left off and finish whatever last second stuff it has to do is an option, but since its 'stuck' I'm worried something might go wrong. Check out the button on the lower right, if the download is over it should read "Finished" or something like [email protected] Robot thank you that worked! apparently some kind of error had fooled it into thinking I was done and thats why it was stuck. It is minimally phased by crashes, disconnections, partially downloaded files being deleted or much else.Whenever it starts up again it scans through all chunks and if any are wrong/missing it redownloads. It will either think it needs updating and never find anything or it will think it is done updating and still need more. It also works for the "Updating files..." progress bar error. page=1 TL; DR noob friendly version: This worked for me, I was finally able to log in after 1.5 days of failed attempts. Go to WTF/Find and edit SET gx Api "D3D11" to SET gx Api "D3D9" Start Launcher.
Update - Possible fix for 15544 Update Okay, so I couldn't log in after the 15544 Update. If the progress bar is stuck, try it a few more times.
Trying to dl the beta right now but it is stuck on "Updating setup files", and has been for about 5 minutes.
I remember reading something before about some agents or something a while back but can't find the threads and not sure if that's my problem. well i havnt really encountered that problem once i started it in admin mode. Maybe there is some feedback to be found on the tech forums on offical d3 forums.
maybe it's something else for me because it still just won't work =( Hope it works for everyone else, maybe I'll find something that works for me! reset everything (uninstalled etc) followed the steps EXACTLY as they are posted and it worked.
No idea if its that important, but if you haven't I suggest doing it step by step exactly as posted. I have been doing this for about an hour, following each step over and over...
After pre-ordering tonight and downloading the client to be ready for Tuesday, we ran into the same problem and thought all hope was lost. Close it, and ctrl alt delete and end the “Agent” process. Go to C/programdata/battle.net/agent and run the “Agent” executable 4. An user on the forums posted his version of the C:\Program Data\Battle. All you have to do is replace his version with your old version, and hopefully everything should work (as it did for me).” -SCH from comments - Fix #5 Additional Notes: If you get a decryption error it means you probably didn’t finish the download. decryption error might also indicate a corrupt download.